Thursday, December 21, 2006




One of my goals in life is to document the beauty of coffee, kopi, kaafei in this world. It bridges cultures, continents, and can be found in almost every country, yet is different in every home. Hey, who doesn't love a caffeine high?
Kopi Hitam Pait, the way I like it, thick and bitter. Indonesian coffee is unique in that the bubuk, or ground coffee, now a powder, is mixed directly in the glass with the hot water. Let it sit for a while, all the grounds settle to the bottom. I like it hitam, black, and pait, without sugar - which drives Indonesians crazy everytime I order. Often they add sugar, simply out of habit, and have to redo it. It's just, well, weird, to drink coffee that is not ultra sweet, especially out East in Jogyakarta.
And of course, once in a while I have to indulge and spend too much money on good old western style coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home